About - Education Board
Regular board meetings are generally on the first and third Mondays of the month at 5:15 p.m. | Location: The Education Board Room building 4815 N. Center St, Scottsdale, AZ 85256 (Center St & Chaparral Rd)
The Education Board welcomes your attendance and appreciates your interest in our students. Informed and involved community members who support education will help Salt River Pima-Maricopa Community Schools in preparing young people for a positive future.
All regular, special and emergency meetings of the Education Board are open to the public except during executive sessions. Notices of all meetings are posted on this website (www.srpmic-ed.org), posted at the Education Administration at least 24 hours prior to each meeting, and posted at the seven Community Board locations as a Community service. Executive sessions may be called by the Education Board to discuss as permitted under applicable laws.
Core Values for the Education Board
As members of the Education Board we commit to demonstrating the following values:
• Integrity – We as a Board are reliable, truthful and honorable
• Respect – We are each considerate of others and oneself
• Patience – We accept criticism by being tolerant of change while being good listeners
• Fairness – We listen to all sides with an open mind
• Hard Work – We are industrious, productive and responsible
Guiding Principles for the Education Board
• We understand our purpose and know that our decisions will impact future generations of SRPMIC.
• We honor each other by gaining a majority before making decisions on behalf of the Board.
• We are consistent in our actions and act as one body overseeing the Education Division.
• We as an Education Board are committed to providing clear and focused direction.
• We share our differences as well as our similarities and remain open minded in all our communication.
• We stand behind and support each board member in our efforts to fulfill the Vision of the Education Board.