It is the mission of Salt River Community Schools Food Services to make breakfast and lunch meals of optimal nutritional value available to students. We are very proud to offer daily, many healthy food choices to all students. Our menus are determined by the National School Lunch Program, taste tests, and trends.
The Salt River Community Schools participates in the National School Lunch program. Menus are planned to meet the Federal Program requirements. These requirements have been updated to meet the recommendations of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. School meals are served to students under the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program.
These standards include:
• Increased fruit and vegetable options.
• Portion size guidelines and calorie limits based on the age of children served.
• Increased emphasis on whole grain products.
• Limits on the types of milk served, more low fat (1%) and non-fat varieties.
• Reductions in sodium levels.
Approved Wellness Policy: Wellness Policy
The Wellness Policy is an important tool for parents and schools to help promote student wellness, reduce childhood obesity, and provide nutritional guidelines.
School Lunch Menu Links:
- Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC)
- Salt River Elementary School (SRES)
- Salt River High School (SRHS)
- Accelerated Learning Academy (ALA)
Free and Reduced Meals:
Click here for information related to free and reduced-cost meals at Salt River Schools, including the 2016-2017 Meal Application Form.
Please visit the Arizona Department of Education's site regarding the School Breakfast Program and the proclamation that makes it possible for our schools to provide nutritious meals for our students.
Download the flyer here.